Every week in the world of “Destiny 2,” a ripple of excitement spreads across the community as Guardians prepare for the arrival of the elusive and mysterious vendor, Xur. Known for his selection of exotic weapons and armor, Xur’s weekly visits are a highlight for players seeking to enhance their arsenal with rare and powerful gear. But finding Xur is not always straightforward. In this blog post, we’ll delve into the nuances of locating Xur and making the most of his weekly visits.
Understanding Xur’s Schedule
Xur’s presence in the game is bound by a strict schedule. He appears every Friday at 10 AM PST (1 PM EST) and stays until the weekly reset on Tuesday. His arrival is always eagerly awaited, as he brings a selection of exotic items that can’t be found anywhere else in the game.
Locating Xur: The Eternal Search
The first step in finding Xur is understanding that his location changes each week. Unlike other vendors in “Destiny 2,” Xur chooses from a set of possible locations to set up his shop. These locations are:
- The Tower (Hangar)
- Nessus (Watcher’s Grave)
- EDZ (Winding Cove)
- The Tangled Shore (The Jetsam of Saturn)
- The Moon (Archer’s Line)
Xur’s location isn’t marked on the in-game map, adding a layer of mystery to his whereabouts.
Tips for Finding Xur
- Community Resources: The “Destiny 2” community is quick to share Xur’s location every week. Forums, social media platforms like Twitter and Reddit, and dedicated Destiny 2 websites are excellent sources to find out his current location.
- Explore Potential Locations: If you’re up for a bit of exploration, you can visit each of his known locations. A bit of interplanetary travel can lead you right to his stash of exotics.
- Look for Telltale Signs: In each of his locations, Xur is usually found in a secluded area. Look for out-of-the-way spots or areas that seem just a bit unusual.
Making the Most of Xur’s Visit
Once you’ve located Xur, it’s time to check out his inventory. He typically sells one exotic weapon, one piece of exotic armor for each class, and an exotic engram that decrypts into an exotic you don’t already own. Here are some tips to make the most of his offerings:
- Assess Your Inventory: Before purchasing, assess your current collection of exotics to avoid buying duplicates.
- Gather Legendary Shards: Xur’s currency is Legendary Shards, so ensure you have enough by dismantling unwanted legendary or exotic gear.
- Research Before Buying: Some exotics are more suited to certain playstyles or game modes. Do a bit of research or ask more experienced players to ensure you’re making a wise purchase.
Finding Xur and making the most of his exotic offerings is a thrilling part of the “Destiny 2” experience. Each week presents a new opportunity to acquire rare gear and add to your collection. Whether you’re a seasoned Guardian or new to the game, the hunt for Xur is an exciting ritual that unites the community in a shared quest for the extraordinary. Happy hunting, and may your travels lead you to extraordinary discoveries!
FAQs: Xur’s Weekly Visits in Destiny 2
Q1: Who is Xur in Destiny 2? A1: Xur is a mysterious merchant in “Destiny 2” known for selling exotic weapons and armor. His origin and connections to the wider lore of the game are shrouded in mystery, adding to his intrigue.
Q2: When does Xur appear in the game? A2: Xur appears every Friday at 10 AM PST (1 PM EST) and departs at the weekly reset on Tuesday.
Q3: Why is Xur’s location not marked on the map? A3: Xur’s unmarked location is a deliberate design choice by the game developers to encourage exploration and community interaction as players share his whereabouts.
Q4: What items does Xur sell? A4: Xur’s inventory typically includes one exotic weapon, one piece of exotic armor for each Guardian class, and an exotic engram.
Q5: How can I find out where Xur is each week? A5: The quickest way is to check Destiny 2 community forums, social media, and dedicated websites. Alternatively, you can explore his known locations in the game.
Q6: What currency does Xur accept? A6: Xur accepts Legendary Shards, which you can acquire by dismantling legendary or exotic gear.
Q7: How can I ensure I’m making a good purchase from Xur? A7: Review your current collection to avoid duplicates, consider how the exotic fits your playstyle, and gather enough Legendary Shards for the purchase.
Q8: Can Xur sell exotics that are specific to certain expansions or seasons? A8: Generally, Xur’s inventory includes items from various expansions and seasons, but certain exotics might be exclusive to specific content or activities and not sold by Xur.
Q9: Is it worth buying an exotic engram from Xur? A9: If you’re missing exotics from your collection, purchasing an exotic engram can be a good way to fill those gaps, as it decrypts into an exotic you don’t own.
Q10: Does Xur’s inventory repeat, or is it always unique? A10: Xur’s inventory can have repeats, especially for popular or frequently sought-after items, but it also rotates regularly, offering a variety of exotics over time.